In honor of the GORGEOUS weather we've been having around here, I thought I might give all y'all folks who might think I'm rubbing it in by bragging about how it's been in the 70's (and even the 80's) this week, exactly what we still have to look forward to here in "the South"... 'cause it's all fun and games until somebody gets burned!
- You notice the radiator is overheating before you even start the car.
- You no longer associate bridges over rivers (or even the rivers) with water.
- The thermometer in the lid of your Bar-B-Que Grill shows 150 degrees before you light it.
- You hear the weather forecast for 105 degrees and don't even flinch 'cause that's nothing!
- You are skilled in using only two fingers to drive your car because your steering wheel is so hot.
- You can make instant sun tea...instantly.
- The best parking is determined by shade...not distance.
- Hotter water comes from the cold water tap than from the hot one.
- You need an oven mitt to open the car door.
- Sunscreen with less than 50 SPF is called "hand cream".
- You consider fabric the deluxe interior because leather sticks to your legs.
- You learn that a seat belt makes a pretty good branding iron...
- Your biggest bicycle wreck fear..."What if I get knocked out and lay on the pavement and cook to death?"
- You realize that asphalt has a liquid state.
- At the first cool spell (anything below 70 degrees ~ Brrr!!!), you declare it's "good weather for chili".
- You know ALL SIX seasons:
Spring ~ February 16 to April 15 (temp: 50 to 85 degrees)
Summer ~ April 16 to July 15 (temp: 90 to 98 degrees)
Super Summer ~ July 16 to September 10 (temp: 100 to 115 degrees)
Still Summer ~ September 11 to October 1 (temp: 90 to 98 degrees)
Fall ~ October 2 to December 1 (temp: 50 to 85 degrees)
Winter ~ December 2 to February 15 (temp: anything below 45, but it always feels like -10 because of the wind!)
- And finally, you know that green grass DOES burn!