I recently read somewhere that an estimated 30 - 40 million people in America suffer from "Dental Phobia". They are so afraid of going to the dentist, they do not seek any form of dental care at all. EVER! There is a LOT of stinky breath out there if 30 - 40 million people are not even getting their teeth cleaned during the year!
I am one of those people that does not suffer from "Dental Phobia". In fact, I'm not even a little bit scared! And that is inspiration enough for my Second Edition of Thursday Thirteen!
Thirteen Things I Love About Going To The Dentist!
- It's not like the doctor's office. You can usually read the magazines without worrying about catching the flu!
- The receptionists are always super sweet because they secretly feel sorry for you.
- You get to sit in a really cool chair with lots of buttons and levers with which to experiment when the dentist steps out of the room!
- They lay all of the instruments out on a tray in front of you, and you have lots of time to imagine that for which they are used.
- They can make pretty pink polka dots on your pearly whites with those little plaque-finder tablets.
- The funny feeling you get in your stomach feels like riding a roller coaster ~ only you don't have to wait in a long line.
- They have lots of things like movies goggles and cool music to divert your attention from when the dentist says things like "This won't hurt a bit...", "Now you might feel a little pressure...", "Open wide, please...wider, wider..."!
- Nobody thinks you're a sissy if you get teary-eyed.
- It's perfectly legal to request "happy gas"!
- You get to drink from a tiny cup, and then spit in public without being ostracized.
- You can slobber and sound like your drunk, but it's still safe to drive home.
- It's fun to run your tongue over freshly cleaned teeth and say, "Mmm!"
- He's my dad!!! And that's the reason I love most of all!
Now...I need someone to give me a new reason for #13 because the only dentist I have ever been to in my whole life is about to retire! Yikes!!! I could quickly become #40,000,001 if there isn't another great reason!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants