Monday, March 31, 2008

LIKE TWO SHIPS PASSING IN THE NIGHT...

Such will be the week at the House of Brownstone!

Oh, mercy! We have a crazy busy week, with lots of fun activities planned for one and all. Dinners this week will have to be super easy to prepare, and the clean-up will have to be even easier.

MONDAY -
We will be having baked ham, scalloped pineapples, corn-on-the-cob, and green peas. We will also have a Scout meeting and the final run-through and costume adjustments for the living museum book report that Tornado has on Tuesday. (See below for Scalloped Pineapples recipe!)

TUESDAY - We will have leftover ham to use for sandwiches, along with chips and fruit. I will not lie ~ there is a strong possibility that this could be a drive-thru night as well. Tornado has an activity that requires us to be gone from 4:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. We also have another Scout meeting that afternoon. It might be hard to even make sandwiches! It's a good thing I like ham because that could be lunch for me for the rest of the week!

WEDNESDAY - We will be dining for $10 at our church! The menu for the night is Chicken Parmesan, Garlic Bread, Salad, and Chocolate Cake. Yum!!!

THURSDAY - I have Titus 2 Talks for the women's ministry at our church. I'll grab something quick before the meeting, and Mr. Brownstone and the kids get to have free-for-all!

FRIDAY - There is a really special Dad/Child activity at church that includes concessions, so that means it's Girl's Night Out for the other moms and me!

SATURDAY - We don't have too much going on of which we know...yet! The plan is to have
Lemon Garlic Turkey Tenderloin, rice, and broccoli.

SUNDAY - I can't imagine that this Sunday will be different from any other Sunday...it is always a time for lunch and/or dinner with our friends, and I can't imagine it (or wouldn't want it) any other way!

The following recipe is courtesy of my mom's recipe box:

Scalloped Pineapples

2 cups sugar
3 eggs
¾ cup butter, melted
¾ cup milk
1 large can crushed pineapple, drained
8 slices bread, crusts removed and cubed

Mix together all ingredients in slow cooker. Cook on high for 2 hours. Reduce heat to low, and cook one more hour. Eat hot as a side dish to ham, or poultry. Eat chilled with vanilla ice cream, or frozen yogurt.

Enjoy!!!

To see more recipes from the Brownstone kitchen and my mom's box, click here!

As always, thanks to
Laura at I'm An Organizing Junkie
for hosting
each and every week!

Menu Plan Monday Participants

1. Tamy ~ 3 Sides of Crazy

2. annie


Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.


3 comments:

threesidesofcrazy said...

That scalloped pineapple sounds delish! Have a great week.

Melissa said...

okay I am sooo hungry and that allll sounds sooo good. I think I need to take a bloggin break and go eat something :)

StephanieB said...

Looks like I will trying out the Scalloped pineapple and Cornflake macaroon recipes this week, thanks for posting them!