Every Spring it has to be done. Every Fall it needs to be done, too.
Closets. Those dreaded closets!
Unfortunately, they need to be cleaned out, reorganized, and sometimes replenished! Things need to be mended...things do not fit...things are simply out-of-style.
Now, cleaning out my closet is one thing....
But cleaning out the kids' closets??? That is something ENTIRELY different!
They do not like to do it!
It is not always easy...
It is always time-consuming...
And most of all...it is BOR-ING!
I have found an awesome and simple way that works-for-me to get our children to help in this often irksome and tiresome process...with no whining...no complaining...and no battle.
AND they try every single piece of clothing!!!
We can see what still fits...what did not weather well through storage...what needs to be hemmed...
You must be asking...
"How do you do this? No whining? No complaining? No battle? AND they try on everything? EVERYTHING???"
My answer? "Yes!"
We have the "Brownstone Fashion Show" with Fall and Spring Collections. It is so much fun because it's like playing dress-up or make-believe. We have judges. We have music. And the models get paid.
Paying my models...THAT is the key!
They get $.05 per item. To them, it's like getting "supermodel pay".
Do I feel guilty for bribing my kids?
Not for one single second!
The ease of cleaning out the closets...the visual of what needs to be mended, donated, or purchased...and simply the sheer fun it brings alone...
Just the fun is worth it...
Visit Shannon at Rocks In My Dryer to see more
Click here to see my other Works-For-Me-Wednesday tips:
- what meaningful gesture of love we use with our children
- what we've learned about dining in and dining out
- "Backwards Edition" tips for shopping at CVS
- "Backwards Edition" tips for removing white spots/rings from furniture
- how we master math in the Brownstone household
- "Backwards Edition" tips for correct "tipping" etiquette in almost any situation
- how I get my kids (and Mr. Brownstone!) to try new vegetables and love them
- how we make traveling with kids easier
Click here to see what easy recipes are working for us!
Click here to see my other Monday FunDay ideas!