- I am thankful for the traditions of Thanksgiving! There is something special about knowing that so many people across America are doing the same thing all day long. Our preacher phrased it perfectly this week as "family, friends, food, fun, and football"!
- We are sitting here all together in our pajamas watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade! It's been so much fun to pass this tradition to my own children. We watched it every single year when I was growing up, and then one year we got to see it in Times Square. I am excited for the day that we will be able to give our kids that experience!
- We just enjoyed homemade donuts courtesy of Mr. Brownstone. It is a tradition that he decided to start for our family when the kids were born. I love that he plans it our each year, and that it is his "baby".
- Tornado and Twister are playing a board game. Mr. Brownstone and I will join in at some point, but they fit in as many as possible!
- In a few minutes, we will be heading to my parents house. We alternate years between Mr. Brownstone's family and my family, and then do the opposite at Christmas. Because of this system, we never feel rushed to make it to the next dinner or celebration ~ we simply enjoy spending time with the family we are with that day!
- We are getting ready to have a feast! The times that we are with my family, it is guaranteed to be a wonderful, traditional meal. We will have turkey, my mom's dressing, giblet gravy, green bean bundles with bacon, sweet potato casserole with brown sugar topping and nuts, corn casserole, homemade cranberry sauce, and more!
- The Cowboys play today!!! EVERY year our team plays on Thanksgiving! It is so much fun to sit around together and cheer on our boys!
- On Thanksgiving night, we will enjoy leftovers and no one will complain! They are so good, how could we?
- In addition to the leftovers, we will watch some cheesy movie and laugh ourselves silly! It is a fun time for all of us!
- Tomorrow morning we will get up extremely early and go into the hustle and bustle ~ even though we are almost done Christmas shopping ~ simply so we can be in the hustle and bustle!
- While we have been decorating a little here and there, we will REALLY finish decorating for Christmas this weekend!
Thursday, November 27, 2008
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
I will give you three guesses why the "Ten Things Tuesday" list did not go up on Tuesday morning.
Late, late, late good evening, Friends! It's way past bedtime in my neck of the woods; and obviously, it's not Tuesday anymore! Y'all must think I'm such a big flake ~ late posting, no posting, no visits or comments to your blogs, etc. etc. etc.
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Good morning, Y'all! What a beautiful, blessed day!
Thanks to everyone for dropping by ~ if you're here for the first time, WELCOME!!! I hope you'll join in and express what is blessing you today! If you do join in, be sure and put (first time) by your name so others will know to give you an extra big hello!
And if you are a repeat visitor? THANK YOU for coming back time and time again! All of your thankful lists have been such a blessing to me!
Be sure and take a quick look at the link list when you get little opportunities throughout the day, so you can visit others and find out what is blessing them! Don't forget to welcome our newcomers!
- I'm thankful for the "happy chaos" that can accompany mornings in getting two kids ready for school! I wouldn't change any of it!
- Likewise, I am thankful for the quiet moment that follows. It is usually the only time the day is quiet! :)
- It's busy this time of year, but it's starting off well and staying organized...for the most part!
- Mr. Brownstone doesn't know it yet, but we are putting up our Christmas tree this weekend! It's still pretty warm outside, so it doesn't seem like we should be doing it yet, but I don't want to be focusing on decorating during Thanksgiving.
- Thanksgiving is almost here! Yea! My mom makes the best stuffing ever!
- I am thankful for the coming noise of thanksgiving! When you get a set of parents, four siblings, their spouses, and all of the grandkids in one house, it can get a little bit loud!
- Our time together is filled with lots of laughter!
- I am thankful for goofy, cheesy movies that require little thought to watch. My siblings and our spouses usually watch one at this time of year. It's a tradition!
- I am thankful, too, for good books. There is always time to sneak in some reading.
- Finally, I am thankful that the Cowboys won on Sunday! It at least puts them ~ maybe ~ back into the game.
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Welcome to everyone! If you're a newcomer, be sure and let us know beside your link by typing (first time). You can grab the button graphic code, read the guidelines, and find out the inspiration for "Ten Things Tuesday" in the sidebar on the right. If you're a regular visitor, thanks to you, too! Y'all are the ones spreading the word about "Ten Things Tuesday", and it just wouldn't be the same without you!
A very quick list for me to be able to get Mr. Linky up for you!!!
- the smell of clean laundry
- the way clean sheets feel
- nice lunches with friends
- the funny things that kids say
- children's spelling errors
- good anticipations
- autumn rainstorms
- sunshine days
- watching leaves flutter to the ground
|1. Jan Fleming|
2. Andrea - Life As I Know It
3. Loving Mom 2 Boys
6. The Gwennap 4- first time post
11. mzzterry (corrected link)
|13. Courtney Kay!|
18. Sarah\'s Everyday Elegance
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
- I am thankful for my right to vote. It really wasn't so long ago in the grand scheme of things that women did not have that right.
- I am thankful for our military. They have made such a huge commitment to protect our freedoms and to keep us safe. I will never cease to be amazed and honored by their willingness to sacrifice for our country.
- I am thankful for checks and balances. It would not be fun to have one single person in control of everything!
- I am thankful that our pledge of allegiance still says "one nation under God". I pray that it will always have that promise.
- I am thankful for our forefathers. It wasn't easy for them to set up this new country, but they stood firm for what they believed, and we still have our freedom because of it.
- I am thankful for all of the "ideals" ~ baseball, apple pie, and such!
- I am thankful for the monuments, the anthem, the flag, the symbols ~ all of them are powerful reminders of our freedom and our history.
- I am thankful for the basic freedoms we take for granted ~ like having heat whenever we decide we need it! Our dear friends did not have heat for a couple of weeks when the weather turned colder because the government had not deemed it time to turn it on in their apartment building. I am so very thankful for our basic rights and freedoms.
- I am thankful for our leaders. I do not always agree with everything various leaders have done or will do, and my beliefs do not always align with theirs, but I do think that we are called to respect our leaders in that they are serving our country, our state, our city... I also believe it is our duty to pray for them ~ to pray that they will make the best decisions and that they will never lose sight that we are one nation under GOD.
- I am thankful that ultimately, I am not a citizen of this earth but a citizen of God's Kingdom!
And to my old friends...you're awesome! Thanks for blessing me each week!
|1. Jan Fleming|
4. Mrs. Greer
6. Jessica First Time
8. Loving Mom 2 Boys
12. Andrea - Life As I Know It
|13. Courtney Kay!|