HAPPY THANKSGIVING, Y'ALL!
I love the image above because the little girl does have it right! We shouldn't leave being thankful for only one day a year. That being said...I love the Thanksgiving holiday! Today my "Ten Things" list is all about Thanksgiving.
- I am thankful for the traditions of Thanksgiving! There is something special about knowing that so many people across America are doing the same thing all day long. Our preacher phrased it perfectly this week as "family, friends, food, fun, and football"!
- We are sitting here all together in our pajamas watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade! It's been so much fun to pass this tradition to my own children. We watched it every single year when I was growing up, and then one year we got to see it in Times Square. I am excited for the day that we will be able to give our kids that experience!
- We just enjoyed homemade donuts courtesy of Mr. Brownstone. It is a tradition that he decided to start for our family when the kids were born. I love that he plans it our each year, and that it is his "baby".
- Tornado and Twister are playing a board game. Mr. Brownstone and I will join in at some point, but they fit in as many as possible!
- In a few minutes, we will be heading to my parents house. We alternate years between Mr. Brownstone's family and my family, and then do the opposite at Christmas. Because of this system, we never feel rushed to make it to the next dinner or celebration ~ we simply enjoy spending time with the family we are with that day!
- We are getting ready to have a feast! The times that we are with my family, it is guaranteed to be a wonderful, traditional meal. We will have turkey, my mom's dressing, giblet gravy, green bean bundles with bacon, sweet potato casserole with brown sugar topping and nuts, corn casserole, homemade cranberry sauce, and more!
- The Cowboys play today!!! EVERY year our team plays on Thanksgiving! It is so much fun to sit around together and cheer on our boys!
- On Thanksgiving night, we will enjoy leftovers and no one will complain! They are so good, how could we?
- In addition to the leftovers, we will watch some cheesy movie and laugh ourselves silly! It is a fun time for all of us!
- Tomorrow morning we will get up extremely early and go into the hustle and bustle ~ even though we are almost done Christmas shopping ~ simply so we can be in the hustle and bustle!
- While we have been decorating a little here and there, we will REALLY finish decorating for Christmas this weekend!
Thanks for dropping by today! As always, feel free to make your own "Ten Things" list and link away with Mr. Linky!
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!