Thursday, March 27, 2008

DID YOU HEAR THE ONE ABOUT THE MOM?

Last week was a really great week! The kids were home for Spring Break, and we had so much fun!

I am always so thankful when we get to spend truly quality time together without having to worry about homework, extra-curricular activities, dinner, baths, and bedtime...only to repeat the process the following day.

When they are home and free to "just be", I am continually reminded of their creativity, their energy, their wisdom, and their wit! In honor of the little jokesters, I give you my fourth edition of Thursday Thirteen!


Thirteen Jokes My Kids Love To Tell That Make Me Laugh Every Time!
  1. Why does Peter Pan fly around everywhere?
    Because he can never, never land!

  2. Knock, knock.
    Who's there?
    Liza.
    Liza who?
    Liza get you nothing but trouble!

  3. What did the witch order when she stayed in a hotel?
    Broom Service!

  4. Knock, knock.
    Who's there?
    Anita.
    Anita who?
    Anita Knapp

  5. What did the ghost say to the invisible man?
    Long time, no see!

  6. Knock, knock.
    Who's there?
    Boo.
    Boo who?
    Why are you crying? I'm just telling a knock knock joke!

  7. What do snakes do after they fight?
    Hiss and make up!

  8. Knock, knock.
    Who's there?
    Emma.
    Emma who?
    Emma cracking you up yet?

  9. What kind of witch lives on a beach?
    A sandwich!

  10. Why is six afraid of seven?
    Because seven eight nine.

  11. Knock, knock.
    Who's there?
    The interrupting cow.
    The interrupting cow wh...
    MOOO!!! (Done in an interrupting sort of way, of course!)

  12. Why couldn't the eleven-year-old see the pirate movie?
    Because it was rated "Arrrgh"!

  13. Knock, knock.
    Who's there?
    Banana.
    Banana who?
    Banana.
    Banana who?
    Banana.
    BANANA WHO?
    Orange.
    Orange who?
    Orange you glad I didn't say banana!
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



Thursday Thirteen Participants
1. zenmomma
2. MissMeliss
3. pussreboots
4. Mercedes
5. Susan Helene Gottfried
6. Many Little Blessings
7. tipsandtricks
8. Joyce T.
9. Danna
10. Starrlight
11. Phyl
12. Nicole
13. Rims
14. Sarah in Disturbia
15. Jennifer
16. misty
17. Cindy Swanson
18. On Shades of Gray
19. e-Mom @ Chrysalis
20. Monica
21. Thebluestbutterfly
22. Pretty Life Online
23. Vera
24. Smiler
25. Malcolm
26. Celticlibrarian

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.


33 comments:

Zenmomma said...

I love kids and their jokes. And I love that our life is like a perpetual Spring Break!

Anonymous said...

Kid jokes are the BEST. Great T13.

pussreboots said...

Cute jokes. My son is trying to learn how to tell knock knock jokes but so far he doesn't get it.

Robin said...

I tried for ages to explain that 7-8-9 to a child once LOL.

Anonymous said...

Good ones! Here is another one:

When did the price of beef get so high? When the cow jumped over the moon-lol!

More great humor!

Jenn said...

Oh, Grace is going to love you for these jokes!! And I love you because I'm tired of hearing the 3 jokes that she does know, over and over and over...at least now she has 13, make that 14 (thanks mercedesrules) new jokes to tell us!!!

Darla said...

We used to tell the banana one over and over ad nauseum. It's amazing my mom didn't strangle us. :)

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

#1 is into jokes; I keep buying him joke books from Scholastic book orders. #2, though... we're still at that silly, nonsensical stage with the knock-knock jokes. I canNOT wait for us to be through that...

Angie @ Many Little Blessings said...

My kids think jokes are hilarious -- they have told me some of these ones, but also ones that make absolutely no sense.

Great TT list!

Anonymous said...

I laughed at these jokes too -at so early in the morning. I'm sure your kids are fun to be with!

Joyce said...

My 12-year old son will enjoy those jokes! Thank you. :)

Cinnamon Girl said...

Kids jokes are great. Seven Eight Nine indeed =)

Phyl said...

Thanx for coming by my place! Love your jokes...:).

It made me giggle when you commented that my opening on my TT reminded you of Sesame Street. I chuckle every week for that very reason.

Nicole said...

Oh I LOVED your list!!!!

My girls have told me almost all of those too and I do love them! My absolute favorite is the interrupting cow. I embarass them with my laughter...and telling my own friends within earshot of them and then cackling like a FOOL!

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my blog, and for more smiles from yours!!! =D

Oh, and I so wanted to do that Mr. Linky thing but I was exhausted and I couldn't figure it out...any tips?

Nicole said...

Thanks for the reply!

So I guess I'll have to see how I do being "structured" before I pay Mr. Linky! =D

The Ten Things Tuesday sounds cool too. I'll be back to see what's going on here...you're officially on my reading list now!

Rims said...

LOL...those were too good...thanks for the laugh!!

And thanks for dropping by.

Happy TT!

Toia said...

That's so cute!! My kids crack up all the time at the same jokes.

Thanks for visiting. Happy TT!!

Sarah in Disturbia said...

great list! I will introduce some of those to my kids. they will love them!

Anonymous said...

Great list. My kid isn't telling me jokes yet, she's only 2. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Have a great weekend.

Hot Rod said...

I want in on this unplugged business.

Anonymous said...

Great jokes. I'm going to have to steal them and share them with my girls. They will Love them!

steph

Melissa Markham said...

The jokes are fun! I have heard several of these from my children before as well!

Cindy Swanson said...

OK, those are classic, but I've got another one for you and your kids:

Knock, knock.
Who's there?
Duane.
Duane who?
Duane the bathtub, I'm dwowning! :)

I remember when my kids went through their "jokes" phase. Now they're grown up, and they all have terrific senses of humor and give me a lot of laughter!

Lindsay said...

Very funny, my kids did enjoy them.

Thanks for stopping by!

Susannah said...

Loved these! Knock knock jokes are so simple, but they always make me smile. Thanks for visiting Chrysalis. I'll be back!

Blessings,
e-Mom @ Chrysalis

Anonymous said...

I remember telling some of these to my parents when I was a kid. Also a bunch I haven't heard before and will not get to harass people with.

Thanks for the comment and have a lovely weekend!

Teri said...

I'm bummed that I missed out on this week's Thursday Thirteen (I got home from work at 6 and then I had to eat and get on the road to go to an infertility support group meeting at 7, so I was busy busy busy! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Anonymous said...

cool one for TT! Thanks for dropping by. You really deserve those awards....

verabear said...

My nephew would just go up to you and say:

"Ha?"
(to which you'd answer) Ha?

"Hotdog!?"

I couldn't quite capture it written, the way you did in your kids' jokes. But he can really be funny.

Loved your TT!

Smiler said...

I don't have kids, but I know their laughter can be contagious. Thanks for you visit the other day.

Cherie said...

Thanks for visiting me. I absoluetly love your list. I really needed the laugh!!

Malcolm said...

I love corny kid/knock knock jokes like these. I wish I could think of one to put here, but I'm drawing a blank.

Anonymous said...

I love #11. My favorite joke is actually:

Q: What is brown and sticky?
A: A Stick!

I'm sorry that it took me so long to stop by, but I am finally getting better. Happy belated TT!