Tuesday, July 22, 2008

TEN THINGS TUESDAY

XBOX Wife Ten Things Tuesday

Good morning! Hope this finds all of you well and full of thanksgiving!

I decided to do a slightly different take on the list today by asking each of my two children to tell me five things for which they are thankful.

  1. "Our house because we don't have to sleep on the side of the street like some people do."
    ~ Twister
  2. "Food because we don't go hungry."
    ~ Tornado
  3. "Family because I have people to live with, they love me, and they take care of me."
    ~ Twister
  4. "Pretty weather because we get to play outside."
    ~ Tornado
  5. "Friends because it's somebody to play with and just to have somebody to talk to."
    ~ Twister
  6. "Our dog because we have somebody to play with when we go outside."
    ~ Tornado
  7. "Trees because they help us breathe and because it's fun to watch them change colors."
    ~ Twister
  8. "School because you get to learn subjects, and we get to see our friends."
    ~ Tornado
  9. "Clothes and shoes because they keeps us warm, and we don't get blisters on our feet."
    ~ Twister
  10. "Church because we get to learn about God and Jesus."
    ~ Tornado
Wow! I was so thankful to hear that they "get it"! Though I think my kids are great...and while my thoughts are that it's just fine to be thankful for trivial little things...and for entertainment things...and for modern convenience things...I am so thankful that they were thankful for the these things.

I am thankful for my two sweet kids!

Have a blessed day!

***IF YOU
FEEL LIKE YOU'RE AN ACTIVE PARTICIPANT IN "TEN THINGS TUESDAY, and you do not see your name under the "BLESSING COUNTERS" in the sidebar, please email me at XBOXWIFE@HOTMAIL.COM, or you can leave a message in the comments. I have been trying to update the list, but it's entirely possible that people have been inadvertently omitted. If you are one of those people, please accept my apologies, and please let me know that you would like to be added to the list! As always, thank you for sharing your blessings with all of us!

Ten Things Tuesday Participants
1. Lisa Beth
2. mzzterry
3. Amy
4. Allyson
5. Rosheeda
6. Tracy
7. Trisha
8. Jen
9. Shaila
10. Andria
11. Chandra
12. Danna

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.


12 comments:

mzzterry said...

What a beautiful list your kids came up with. What a blessing to read! Thanks for sharing. What a joy to hear from children with a thankful heart =) Blessings to you and them.

Rosheeda said...

I have been so incognito the last few weeks but I'll be back in the swing of things next week! How you been?

Our Family! said...

What a great list! It is always wonderful when we realize that our kids do 'get' it. It's times like these - having them make their thankful list - when you see it. Have a blessed week!

~ Amy

Rosheeda said...

Ok. So I couldn't resist. I posted!And MzzTerry I'm praying for your family.

Tracy said...

I love what kids are thankful for. I'm going to have to do that with mine soon. :-)

Trisha said...

We've been out of town, so I was slacking a little, but I am back. Thanks!

Redhead Rambles said...

That's a great list! Your kids are adorable. :)

Anonymous said...

That was a great idea for your list. I'm going to try to get H to do a list next week, but we'll see how it turns out...

Danna Ramsey said...

I really tried to link up last night, but evidently I was in a fight with blogger. Thanks as always for the weekly encouragement! :)

verabear said...

They sure know the right stuff to be thankful for. Such sweet kids :)

Corey, Jennifer and Nicole said...

loved your list that your kids cam up with! that says a lot about you. you are doing a wonderful job raising children who are aware. Have a wonderful week!

Liza on Maui said...

Yes... you have such sweet kids with thankful hearts.