Hey, Y'all! You know that old saying "better late than never"? Well, I'm utilizing it today! We got in from a mini-vacation at 1:00 am this morning, so we all slept in a little. Technically, Mr. Brownstone did not get to sleep in as he had to go back to work. Poor thing!
To start things off today, I want to make sure we are all clear on something. You can post your Ten Things list anytime between Tuesday morning and the following Monday evening. Granted, it will be viewed by more people if you post it on Tuesday ~ mainly because I haven't really had a lot of time to blog lately, so traffic is down on the other days of the week. However, you are free to post it on any day!
Next on the day's agenda...I'd like to call attention to one of our regular "Ten Things Tuesday" bloggers. Mzzterry blogged in her list last week that she is going to be a new grandma! I just wanted to extend to her a heartfelt congratulations! She always has the most wonderful lists, and truly is thankful for her blessings! I think it would be fun if everyone left a "grandma name" in my comments section this week. I know thinking of grandparent names was one of the fun parts when I was pregnant with our first child. Of course, in the end, we went with what came out of Tornado's mouth...MOMO! How's that for a grandma name??? :) So...for fun, leave a grandma name in the comments! And again, congratulations to Mzzterry!! Many prayers for your daughter, her husband, and that sweet little blessing from God!
- I am thankful for a place to retreat! We are so blessed that my parents were able to purchase a home away from home when we were little kids. As adults, we are blessed to have use of Little Cabin. It holds so many dear memories, and it is such a delight to be able to make new memories with my own husband and children.
- I am thankful for mountains. We are so blessed that our God knows we need mountaintops ~ figuratively AND literally!
- I am thankful for the opportunity to view God's masterpiece of the nighttime sky the way it was meant to be viewed ~ with no city lights and no smog!
- I am thankful that God designed so many beautiful trees, plants, and flowers, each with their own look and their own fragrance. It was so peaceful to breathe deeply the scent of pine!
- I am thankful for varying climates and temperatures. To leave one home on a chilly, brisk morning and arrive at another home to a warm, muggy night...that's fantastic!
- I am thankful for rain. It is surely another of those scents that must delight God's nose! I am also thankful to be able to watch a storm unfold on the horizon. It is amazing to be able to look at an area and know that it is being refreshed by rain. And to hear the rumble of thunder and the see the streak of a lightning bolt in the sky? God's artwork at it's best!
- I am thankful for sunrises and sunsets. I am amazed that the same sun can rise and set every day, and it NEVER looks the same! We witnessed a sunset to marvel all others. It shone through a blanket of rain and beautiful dark blue clouds, making it appear that the sky was on fire!
- I am thankful for my parents. They are so good to us! I am thankful that they made it home from their trip safely and that they were safe while they traveled in the Holy Lands for almost a month! It was a really long time for them to be away, and we missed them! I am so thankful that they were able to go to Little Cabin with us. It was such a blessing to spend time with them and to hear all about their magnificent journey!
- I am thankful for Mr. Brownstone! We got to spend a couple of hours on a gorgeous golf course this weekend. The views, the scents, the silence ~ all amazing! It was like we were the only two people on Earth!
- I am thankful for our precious children and for the questions that they ask us! Whether it be the simplest thing, or a question we won't know the answer to until we reach Heaven, it is such a joyful thing to see their little minds at work! If you haven't ever done it, ask your children what questions they will ask God when they get to Heaven. You will be so blessed! And then, just for fun, ask them what they will do when they get to Heaven and who they want to meet when they are there. We had this conversation for at least an hour over the weekend, and I'm ready to have it again!