My grandma remains faithful to the title I have given her: The Encylopedic Energizer Bunny That Is My Grandma!
Thank you so much to all of you that sent up thoughts and prayers for my grandmother yesterday as she had her mastectomy...and today as she recovers...and ever since we found out last week that her lump was actually breast cancer.
I truly believe in the power of prayer, and I'll tell you a few of the reasons why.
- God has been faithful to my family in our hour of need.
- My grandmother went into her surgery with complete peace.
- I have seen a remarkable change in my mom - she was very worried, even though she tried to keep that bottled inside to be strong. She is back to her happy self, and I can HEAR the relief in her voice.
- The surgery went well, and it went quickly. The doctor and his team said that the type of cancer she had was the best kind to have if you have to have breast cancer. (Of course, NOBODY wants breast cancer!)
- They do not think that there will be a need for any further treatment; though we are still waiting for the results of the lymph node biopsies. Please still pray for that!
- And now for the amazing part...my 85-year-old grandma came out of her anesthesia quickly and began talking in complete, coherent stories. Not sentences. Stories! My mom said that she came in from the recovery room talking and that she talked for the rest of the afternoon as she received visitors! She did not even take a nap!
- Today the nurses woke her at 4:30 am to weigh her, then the doctor came around to do a check, and when I spoke to my mom this afternoon, my grandma STILL had not taken a nap for the day.
- And now for the REALLY amazing part...my 85-year-old grandma HAS NOT TAKEN ANY PAIN MEDICATION!!!