Monday, July 30, 2007

POST AND HOST

In this exploration into the world of blogging, I have become a fan of the weekly themed post where the blog author posts a thought or idea, and then other people link to the post sharing their similarly themed ideas.

I am not familiar with a lot of the blog terms or their meanings, so I am not sure what this blog activity is actually called. I personally like to refer to it as a "Post and Host." What I do know is that it is like one big shopping trip where you can always walk away with something new, whether it be advice, a laugh, or an actual object...for FREE!

There are three "Post and Hosts" of which I'm aware, though there are most likely countless others. I look forward each week to checking them. Following are some of my favorite links and a brief description of each:

  • Laura, at I'm An Organizing Junkie, always hosts Menu Plan Monday. Here you can read Laura's menu plan, as well as plans for more than 100 others, for the whole week, and often she includes recipes for you to try. The rest of her blog is great, too, as she gives you lots of tips to get organized.
  • Shannon, at Rocks In My Dryer, always hosts Works-For-Me Wednesday. Here you can find out something that has been working for Shannon, as well as what has been working for more than 100 others. Her blog is funny, and she just hosted the Dog Days of Summer Bloggy Giveaway, a really awesome giveaway party! I wish that I was already bold enough to publish this blog because I would have given away a really cool prize. I will not reveal it, though, because my goal is to be ready for her next giveaway party, and I want for it to be a surprise!
  • Rachel, at A Juggling Mums Food Blog, always hosts Freezer Food Friday. She gives you a great recipe for something that can be easily frozen. It's great because who doesn't need an available back-up at dinner occasionally? It is strictly a food blog, so she includes lots of great recipes for other things, too.
So...those cover three days of the week. I find the alliterations very clever. I thought that it might be fun to have my own "Post and Host" someday, even if it is just for myself. The specific idea is worthwhile, and it will just happen to work on one of the other four days of the week!

No comments: