Wednesday, October 17, 2007

MASTER MATH IN A FLASH!

Tornado is a lot like me when it comes to math. The concepts are there, but speed is not of the essence! I've always been content with having the correct answer and not overly concerned if it took me a few seconds, or even a minute, longer than the next person. Teachers, however, do not seem to have the same philosophy when it comes to math facts! :) So...when Tornado began to feel some stress to be quicker in math, we began searching for something that would help. Tutoring was not really the answer because the concepts were all there. Traditional flashcards did not really seem to work either because to be honest, they were a bit boring, and it's kind of hard not to look at the answer immediately when it's right on the back of the card.


Do you want to know what finally and truly worked for us?


It is called "Flashmaster", and it is amazing!
This little gadget was a miracle worker!

It has so many different functions ~ I couldn't even begin to describe all of them. Basically, it is a set of electronic flashcards, but really...it is OH, SO MUCH MORE! Tornado loved using it, and STILL uses it, because it is like having a really cool hand held game. Twister has even gotten in on the fun. To be honest...I'VE even gotten in on the fun! (Mr. Brownstone is a math WHIZ, but I'm sure if he didn't have XBOX, he might be drawn into the greatness that is Flashmaster, as well!)

First things first...I am not receiving anything from Flashmaster for talking about their product. I'm sure they do not even know I am promoting it! I believe in the product so much, and it was such a help for us; so I wanted to share it with y'all!

Now for the information...it only weighs 11-ounces. I keep this bad boy in my purse at all times. It's great to pull out in the car, the doctor's office...just about anywhere you might have a wait time. It has a button to turn on and off the sound, so you literally can use it anywhere. It works on math facts for addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. It uses numbers 1-9 on addition
(0+0, 9+9) and subtraction (0-0, 18-9), and 1-12 on multiplication (0x0, 12x12) and division (144/12). You can do it timed, or untimed. You can even set your own time - anywhere from 1 to 9 seconds alloted per problem, or 30 to 180 seconds per activity. It keeps track of problems that were missed, and you have the option of practicing them again at the end of the activity. You can do the tables in order, or out of order. AND...it saves the results of the last 8 activities, so parents can view their child's progress! You can click on any of the Flashmaster links to check out all of the additional information on the website.

For all that you get, Flashmaster is a fair price at $49.95 (plus shipping & handling), and we received ours within three days of placing the order. It also has a 90-day, 100% money back guarantee. You can't beat that!

Visit Shannon at Rocks In My Dryer to see more Works-For-Me-Wednesday tips this week!

Click here to see what tips I got about "tipping" for just about every situation!
Click here to see how I get my kids (and Mr. Brownstone!) to try new vegetables and love them!
Click here to see how we make traveling with kids easier!
Click here to find out what works for us regarding chores and allowance!
Click here to see what easy recipes are working for us!

3 comments:

Jenn said...

I love this...Tornado let me play with it up at camp and I was totally addicted to it and I have NO fondness for math, whatsoever!!!
We are soooo getting one for our little forces of nature, too!! See you in class!

Liza on Maui said...

OK, this is an ANSWERED PRAYER - thank you so much! My son is like Tornado, the concept is there but speed is not. Thanks again for posting this!

I'm ordering right away!

Rhino's Real Total Package said...

How cool. We're not there yet, but I know it's just around the corner.