Thursday, March 20, 2008

THIS LIST IS BANANAS...B-A-N-A-N-A-S!

This list is bananas...B-A-N-A-N-A-S!
THIS LIST IS BANANAS...
B-A-N-A-N-A-S!

We can all go a little crazy sometimes, and by no means are any of us perfect.
But what are the imperfections in life that drive you a little bananas???

At the risk of needing to add myself to the following list for even creating the following list...


Thirteen Things That Drive Me Bananas!
  1. gum smacking, food smacking, dry mouth smacking ~ The only smacking I want to hear is from the sweet kisses of Tornado and Twister.
  2. food attached to any part of an adult face ~ Really? You can't feel that? Use a napkin!
  3. nail biting ~ Come on...it's just a nasty habit.
  4. nose picking ~ Note to nose pickers: You are not invisible inside of your car; we can still see you and the lower half of your finger!
  5. mumbling ~ If a former speech therapist can't even understand you, then you're in pretty big trouble.
  6. negativity and/or discontentment ~ Find your joy...even when it's hard to find! (I do realize that I'm driving myself a little bit bananas by creating this list!)
  7. money talk ~ Whether you have it or you don't, it's not my ~ or anyone else's ~ business!
  8. one-upping ~ We all know the type..."my story is better than your story." Everyone deserves to have the best story when their's really is the best. Give them a chance to shine, too!
  9. inconsistency ~ Say what you mean...and mean what you say! Please do not talk out both sides of your mouth.
  10. rude drivers ~ Just an observance: You are probably going to arrive at your destination around the same time, whether you cut someone off or not. Also, giving someone "the bird" only seems to make you madder, and it probably gives the other driver a chuckle. (Can you say "junior high"?) And finally...your car is not a barber shop, a beauty shop, a therapist chair, a restaurant, a work desk, or a bed!
  11. channel surfing ~ This means YOU, Mr. Brownstone! Here's a novel idea: Pick something, and watch it!
  12. "headlights" ~ These are not always a "bright" idea! Even if you think you don't need a bra...invest in a good bra! And if you know you need a bra? Invest in a really good bra!
  13. hiney cracks ~ Please, pull up your pants...nobody wants to see that! "Crack" is not an accessory!
One final disclaimer: I must admit that at times I am guilty of more than one or two of these! This list is definitely written with an attitude of finding the humor in these ~ or any ~ craze-inducing situations! And like the saying goes, "Nobody's Perfect!"

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



19 comments:

pussreboots said...

Thanks for stopping by. Happy TT.

WendyWings said...

LOL that channel surfing thing drives me crazy too.
PICK A CHANNEL already.
Happy TT day !

PrettyLifeOnline said...

LOL! Great Catch!!! Happy TT! Hope you'll visit mine too.

jennifer said...

RRRRRR I hate smacking! It drives me bonkers! I have probably been guilty of some of the other things on your list - I'm not the best driver and my nails are gross. Sorry to offend :^D

Jennifer

jennifer said...

Hey X-Box! I posted a link on the Traveling Geisha. Thanks for the reminder. Glad the post was appetizing, maybe just not at 3 in the morning! Hope you have a smurfy day!

Jen

mercedesrules said...

This is too hilarious ans oh so true! I love your list! Thanks for the smile this morning! Thanks for visiting me too!

Lilibeth said...

I detest the burping, farting,nose-picking, stuff too, but what really gets me is when people use crude humor and skits with all of them as if they were hilarious. What's funny about that? And I can't stand channel changing either. That's one reason I gave up TV all together. The other is the reason why one has to channel change--inappropriate content. I don't want to hear about everybody's private problems nor see them try to seduce me and everybody else in the room in order to sell me something. There. I feel better.

sarah said...

funny one! Those are so universal. Why are people still doing them?! It really bothers me that my kids can't remember, for the life of them, to put their freaking clothes in the laundry basket!! I think now they're just trying to piss me off.

Darla said...

Oh, yeah. These make me bananas, too. Negativity--that always ends up being a vicious circle: you're negative, so people treat you with negativity, so you're even more negative.... Gah.

And the one-upping. I have a family member who does this. He says it's his attempt to show empathy, but that's not remotely how it comes across.

Bethany said...

Oh my gosh, the last one drives me CRAZY too... HATE it with a passion. Thanks for stopping by, have a wonderful TT :D

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

You crack me up, woman!

Yes, I, too, have a family member who has to show everyone up. Repeatedly. My strategy is to just agree with everything he says -- if I have to say anything at all.

And that's only when I can't weasel out of being near the guy.

The Mama Bear said...

I can't comment on some, because I am guilty. Most drive me bananas too though. Happy TT, hope you will pop by The Cafe for mine.

Shana said...

Your 13 things are cracking me up. Almost all of these things drive me bananas, too! I actually posted my 10 things to be thankful for since I missed it on Tuesday. Jennifer G. introduced me to your blog and it cracks me up! Thanks for being a highlight in my day!

nicholas said...

I agree with you on almost all of those. I really can't say, though, that "headlights" bother me at all!

Chelle Y. said...

I cannot stand #1 either! Yuck!

mercedesrules said...

Hi! Just wanted to invite you to participate in Scrumptious Sunday (theme-cakes) at Mercedes Rocks: http://mercedesrocks.wordpress.com/2008/03/22/scrumptious-sunday-fourth-edition/

Also~do you know where Skittles' Place is now? I start to use Firefox so her page can load faster and I go to visit her and she is poof-gone-lol!

Happy Easter!

mercedesrules said...

Not sure if the link went through:
http://mercedesrocks.wordpress.com

Dette said...

Ooh - your list is SO right on. Especially the last one! What is UP with that anyway? It is sooooo not pretty.

lol - I don't know why I can swear and say bad words, but I have a hard time calling someone - or anything - u-g-l-y. I'm a dork. ;)

Melanie said...

What a great list! I totally agree with all of it. And of course I would never do any of those things ;)